Thursday, March 18, 2010

Tequila lime chicken recipe from my Adopt-a-Blogger adoptee

Tequila lime chicken recipe
I've been wanting to try this recipe for months now, but weird food allergies, several trips, and finishing my dissertation kept me out of the kitchen.  It was worth the wait, though.  This is a recipe from my Adopt-a-Blogger adoptee, Anne at My Cooking Myself.  Anne recently moved her blog to blogger, so even if you've been to her blog before, go visit again because it's looking great!

I changed a few things about the recipe (I didn't use a jalapeno because I didn't have one, and baked the chicken instead of grilling it), but the flavors were fantastic.  This was also some of the juiciest chicken I've ever had.  I don't typically eat a lot of plain meat (not incorporated into a dish with other things), but I'm glad I made an exception for this recipe.  Thanks, Anne!

Tequila lime chicken (adapted from My Cooking Myself, originally from Ina Garten)

1/4 cup gold tequila (I used one of those tiny bottles)
juice of 2 oranges
juice of 3 limes
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2-3 chicken breasts (I used bone-in and removed the skin, but anything will work)

Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl, and then add chicken.  Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours, turning once if chicken isn't completely covered.  Remove chicken from marinade and place in a small baking dish.  Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.  Then remove foil and continue to bake until chicken is done (I used huge pieces of chicken and it took another 20 min).  Serves 4.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Wow, congrats on finishing your dissertation! Go you!!

Tasty Eats At Home said...

I bet you feel so "accomplished" after finishing that dissertation. This dish sounds like we're welcoming warmer weather! Looks great.

Anne said...

Big congrats on your dissertation. Time to sit back and smile. Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the chicken. Thanks for being such a great mentor.
Anne

Katie said...

Leah - Thanks! I still have to defend it in 2 weeks, but the hard part is done :)

Alta - Accomplished, exhausted, something like that ;). This was definitely a great way to welcome the few days of warm weather that we had, but now it's snowing again!

Anne - Thanks for the congrats and for the recipe!