Saturday, September 5, 2009

CSA round-ups weeks 5 and 6

CSA week 5
You may have noticed that I skipped a CSA round-up (ok, probably not, but you can at least pretend).  When I received the previous share, I was extremely busy, and prepared everything in very simple ways, so there weren't many posts.  I started with kale, cabbage, green and yellow beans, cucumbers, a green pepper, banana peppers, and pattypan squash.  I pickled the cucumbers and all of the peppers, steamed the cabbage and beans, and sauteed the squash.  But the kale did find its way into this zucchini, tomato, and kale saute:
recipe for zucchini, tomato, and kale saute

I did a better job with my last share. I ended up with cabbage, pattypan squash, an eggplant, corn, red potatoes, yellow beans, and cucumbers.  This is why I love summer!
CSA week 6

The first thing I did with this batch of veggies is combine the corn with black beans and tomatoes for stuffed pattypans:
recipe for corn, black bean, and tomato stuffed pattypan squash

The cabbage went into this new and different Thai cabbage salad with chicken:
recipe for Thai cabbage salad with chicken

recipe for quinoa and mushroom stuffed eggplant

The cucumbers made their way into several salads (both green salads and cucumber and tomato salads), the beans and potatoes were simply boiled but still delicious.  I don't know how much longer we'll have summer veggies because we've had a cold snap lately, but I hope they can hold on a bit longer - I'm not ready for fall and winter.

No comments: