Friday, September 12, 2008

Mmmm... milk

While I'm thinking about it, I want to mention a few things I've discovered lately.  After reading several books (which I'll make a post about soon), my thoughts about food and eating have changed drastically.  One of the many changes I've made is buying milk from grass-fed cows and eggs from free-range chickens (with neither being given hormones or antibiotics).  It's a little bit more expensive (although not much, because I'm buying from local dairies/farms), but the difference is AMAZING.  I've never tasted milk this delicious.  It's skim, and it has the consistency of skim, but it's so much creamier.  And the eggs taste better, have much harder shells, and they don't have to dye the yolks to get them yellow!  There are some times when I think it may not be worth the extra money to buy organically grown/raised products, but theses two definitely don't fit in that category.  And on top of that, I'm supporting local farmers and eating food that's better for me.  How does life get any better?

No comments: